Rosehill Resources to Expand Its Delaware Basin Position with $77.6 Million Acquisition
Published: November 17, 2017 |
Rosehill Resources Inc. has agreed to acquire up to 9,100 net undeveloped acres and certain producing oil and gas properties in the Southern Delaware Basin. The agreement remains subject to customary closing conditions and purchase price adjustments.
“We believe this acquisition demonstrates our continued commitment to grow our strong acreage position in the rapidly evolving Delaware Basin. We are excited to acquire an attractive acreage position in Pecos County at less than $500,000 per drilling location,” said Alan Townsend, Rosehill’s president and chief executive officer.
“We are confident in our operational capabilities, which will help us to maximize value and generate sustainable growth. We believe this acquisition is accretive to Rosehill and the full cycle economics will compete favorably with other parts of the Delaware Basin,” added Townsend.
“This deal provides meaningful growth to our portfolio by more than doubling our acreage and drilling locations. We are very encouraged by offset operator results and our geological assessment indicates an anomalously thick Wolfcamp A/B interval with reservoir properties analogous to the Reeves County Core. There is potential across multiple stacked zones. We believe there is tremendous value in our Delaware Basin assets and we are very excited about this opportunity to add substantial value for our shareholders,” concluded Townsend.
• Purchase price of $77.6 million for the initial identified 4,565 net acres, which includes producing properties with limited production of 40 Boepd; subject to certain conditions, Rosehill may acquire up to an additional 4,535 net acres at the same price per net acre
• Increases horizontal drilling potential by over 325 gross locations with opportunities in multiple Wolfcamp A, Wolfcamp B and Bone Spring benches; additional upside potential from deeper Wolfcamp horizons
• Expands Rosehill’s Delaware Basin position with up to 9,100 largely contiguous net acres in northwestern Pecos County with surrounding operators including Diamondback Energy, Inc., Jagged Peak Energy Inc., and Parsley Energy, Inc.
• High average working interest of 86 percent with all acreage held by production or by lease term through at least 2020
• Contiguous acreage position enables 7,500 to 10,000 foot laterals, which can significantly improve well economics
• Establishes second core operating area in the Delaware Basin
About Rosehill Resources Inc.
Rosehill Resources Inc. is an oil and gas exploration company with producing assets in Texas and New Mexico with its investment activity focused on the Delaware Basin portion of the Permian Basin. The company’s strategy for growth includes the organic development of its core acreage position in Loving County, Texas as well as focused acquisitions in the Delaware Basin.
To stop by Rosehill Resources’ website, CLICK HERE
Be in-the-know when you’re on-the-go!
FREE eNews delivery service to your email twice-weekly. With a focus on lead-driven news, our news service will help you develop new business contacts on an on-going basis.
CLICK HERE to register your email address.
Copyright © 2017 Mining Connection LLC. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed without permission.